MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finally have a good niche and more knowledge i feel readyier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First i want to thank Kolton T. for posting the amazing Common Mistakes thread it helped me a lot and secondly i have a good niche and great ideas for my forum Smile.
now all i need is to start making it could i get some help (i won't say what my niche is but it is something inside the gaming section) could any gaming related experienced mybb user help me make it?
Hey man, all you really need is yourself. When you get MyBB up and running from the installer, it's just a breeze from there. When I was less experienced, that was the harder part for me, I was dumb. After that, I was like "Dang, too easy." Now I'm installing boards in 2 minutes flat and 15 minutes later, being release worthy, but I do have a team to tackle different things for me while I tackle the basics :b.
Did you use free hosts and a vps or payed ones?
Do you reccomend on getting a team?
Any tips you can offer?
If you want hosting, I recommend http://novahost.com They offer great resources for cheap, I've used them from the start and never encountered any issues. Definitely start with shared hosting, you wont need a VPS until you are much larger.

The only team you should really need to hire is another admin, and make sure he/she is interested in your niche. If you overstaff (too many mods/other team members) in the beginning it will hurt rather then help.

As for your niche, I hope it is good. Make sure you are dedicated to it, for sure. If you love it then it is your best choice. However, as it is within gaming be warned that you are competing against hundreds of other forums. So if you want to succeed you'll need to think of new ideas (contests, guides, etc.) to attract people.

Best of luck!