MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: deny access to 1 user for using PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I have a question, I had banned a member that was spamming on the board he sending spam on PM to members. Now after spoke with him the ban is lifted and he can use the forum again.

But now my question, is there a option or plugin that I can deny users access to the PM system.. Or better that we first need to be accept his PM before sending.. Is there a way to do this with options????

Thanks helping
Create a new User Group.

Make it the same as Members but disable them from PM usage.

ACP --> Users & Posts

Left Panel --> Groups --> Add New User Group
(2013-02-28, 11:22 PM)BlueEew Wrote: [ -> ]Create a new User Group.

ACP --> Users & Posts

Is there no better way then make a usergroup. Because then I need to set all users I want to this group etc. Maybe a plugin or something where I can manage all users separately... I don't know but is this possible with the plugin called "Custom User Permissions" from MattRogowski??
(2013-03-01, 12:05 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]

ACP --> Users & Posts

Is there no better way then make a usergroup. Because then I need to set all users I want to this group etc. Maybe a plugin or something where I can manage all users separately... I don't know but is this possible with the plugin called "Custom User Permissions" from MattRogowski??

This is possible with that plugin here is a download Smile

http://mods.mybb.com/view/custom-user-permissions
Thanks I know where the download is Toungue Toungue but not knowing the options of the plugin. On the page u don't can read if it is... But thanks gonna try the plugin
(2013-03-01, 06:24 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks I know where the download is Toungue Toungue but not knowing the options of the plugin. On the page u don't can read if it is... But thanks gonna try the plugin

It does work, I use it on one of my forums. Smile
Works great the plugin, u can manage much more for 1 user only GREAT!
(2013-03-01, 12:05 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]

ACP --> Users & Posts

Either way you need to set which users don't have access to the PM system, be it via changing permissions or adding one to a specific usergroup. I find the usergroup way much better for this because:

1. Its organized - You can easily see who has no rights to PM vs having to note it manually
2. Its easier - You can easily add / remove people from this group, you can even set it as a secondary group and set the primary / display group to something else so it doesn't have an effect visually.

Just my take, usergroups are a better system for this.