MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: avatar question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I want to set the avatar in postbits as a background image for the posting info within the postbit template but everytime I try to set it as one it just breaks the table. Is there a way I can set it as the background image of a small table in the postbit template?
Would help if you give site url and/or explain what you want in other words or drawing (don't quite understand what you mean).
In the postbit area, I want to set the avatar as the background for a small table. When I try to do that though it just messes up
(2013-03-06, 07:24 AM)Tempest Wrote: [ -> ]In the postbit area, I want to set the avatar as the background for a small table. When I try to do that though it just messes up

but you need to provide a url to your forum so that we can help. It is stated clearly in the posting rules for this board so please kindly post the link to your forum so we can take a look at your theme and then we should be able to help
a slightly different question but still related to avatars, i am trying to change a avatar using a link it the dimensions are 133x100 but they are to large to accept the avatar, the setting is 100x100 but even if i change this to 150 x150 the avatar page still says max dimensions are 100x100.
i have tried this on both 1.6.9 and 1.7.

scrap that i was altering the wrong setting.
The link won't really help as its not working but the link is here - http://aetherium.victus-rpg.com/index.php
To set an image to your table, go to GLOBAL.css of your theme.

Find: .trow1 { WHATEVER CONTENT INSIDE THE BRACE }

Remove it.

Add this to global.css

.tborder {
background: url("http://i47.tinypic.com/vn0dpd.jpg") !important;
}

Replace the URL of the image with your URL & done :')
I don't want the table to have a background, I just want in the postbit template for peoples avatars to be the background of a smaller table that I can put other information in.
I cannot understand you properly. Can you be more clear, show some screenshot?
As far as I understand:
You want to have the avatar to have an overlay for text to appear?

Why don't you try this with divs and css positioning?
Pages: 1 2 3