MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests can't view profile pages && Users can't delete their own threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't think this is such a big problem, but I was just wondering why can't guests view profile pages? It's not like they would see any confidential data, but on the profile page can be other useful information (like Bio or contact details of those who choose to make it public on their profile page).

Also, it would be nice if users could delete their own threads if they choose to. There is a "Click this to delete the thread" when editing the thread but it just shows a no-permissions page when clicking it.
1. probably to prevent people from getting things like msn username and what not.

2. Because content is king and there is little reason to remove a thread on a support forum. Especially since there is a high chance someone else will need the same info.

Edit to show my grasp of the English language is at least somewhat there.
Both of these issues depend entirely on forum permissions.

To allow guests to see profiles:

ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > Guests > Forums & Posts (tab) > Viewing Options > Can view user profiles? = True (ticked)

To allow members to delete their own threads:

ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > Registered > Forums & Posts (tab) > Editing/Deleting Options > Can delete own threads? = True (ticked)

EDIT: Oops, should have checked which forum this was in. Thought you were requesting support with your own forum. If so, refer to this post. Otherwise, refer to Alex's above Wink
1. Mostly to stop search bots (such as Google, etc.) indexing profiles of spammers who have links to whatever site they're pushing in their profile/signature and we have not caught them and removed the info, as sometimes spammers do not post.

2. As Alex said.
Furthermore, if you really want a thread of yours removed, you can request to have it deleted via the Private Inquiries forum and if a staff member doesn't see a problem with it being removed, they will do it for you. I understand that it's a bit of a hassle, but removing threads isn't something that should be highly necessary and in the past had caused us more issues than good.