MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New installation with users boards and posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I go about doing a new installation but keeping the boards , posts and users?
Easiest way would probably be to use the merge system or just dump the necessary SQL tables.

For less experienced users, I would recommend the merge system.
(2013-03-01, 01:58 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Easiest way would probably be to use the merge system or just dump the necessary SQL tables.

For less experienced users, I would recommend the merge system.

I know how to dump the SQL tables, so perhaps do this?

As for the merge system my current installation is MyBB so would the merge system work?
The merge system has many uses - one of which is to simply merge two MyBB forums together. It's probably the easiest and safest route to do what you're trying to do.
(2013-03-01, 02:17 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]The merge system has many uses - one of which is to simply merge two MyBB forums together. It's probably the easiest and safest route to do what you're trying to do.

Okay thanks Euan Smile

Euan, I have dumped the SQL tables for posts, users, threads, forumpermissions, usergroups etc

However in the admin panel the forumpermissions are set correctly but the forum seems to be ignoring them.

Perhaps I need to dump the mybb_settings table too?