MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have quite a few questions, apologies if this is the wrong board, I would like to ask in regards to the new board I just created.

*Is there a way to allow blockquoting inside of blockquoting?
*Is there a code or plugin available that takes PMs and groups them, much like a thread inside your PM system so that you do not need to quote your previous messages?
*A code that removes the 'Threads' and 'Post' counts from the forum's itself? or moves the name of the thread beneith them? (I have seen a board that did this).
*Is there a plugin/code that allows a specific board to have a forum (like application) when posting new thread?

I think that's it for now haha. I am still setting things up so if I have more I will be sure to post them as well.
1. Think that's enabled by default. You're talking about:

Quote:Quote!
Quote:Quote2!
I assume.

2. Don't think so. Most people just have private sections.

3. Do not understand what you are saying.

4. Probably, a lot of people just make forms for people to copy and paste.
3. You need to edit following templates for that:
forumbit_depth1_cat
forumbit_depth2_forum

Those are simple HTML table declarations and easy enough to identify and modify according to need.
@lith
Yes but not for quoting, blockquoting is entirely different then quotes lol. Blockquoting is like making a paragraph indented to stand out, like a subparagraph inside a larger one, but I am wanting to do this many times so the same idea as the quote within a quote you posted.

I still want to hear if anyone else has an idea about the PM system and the form code question. Its fine if there isn't one.. I just wasn't sure as most sites (example Proboards IPB are going that way now a days so wasn't sure if MyBB was the same).

@effone
I will pass this along to my coder to see if she can make sense of that to remove the categories <:
(2013-03-01, 08:37 PM)Dspki Wrote: [ -> ]@lith
Yes but not for quoting, blockquoting is entirely different then quotes lol. Blockquoting is like making a paragraph indented to stand out, like a subparagraph inside a larger one, but I am wanting to do this many times so the same idea as the quote within a quote you posted.

I still want to hear if anyone else has an idea about the PM system and the form code question. Its fine if there isn't one.. I just wasn't sure as most sites (example Proboards IPB are going that way now a days so wasn't sure if MyBB was the same).

@effone
I will pass this along to my coder to see if she can make sense of that to remove the categories <:

He's not a coder if he cannot figure out how to move elements around in templates Undecided. But anyone who wants group PM, they just say use the forum. It's a better function anyways.
(2013-03-01, 08:57 PM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-01, 08:37 PM)Dspki Wrote: [ -> ]@lith

@effone

He's not a coder if he cannot figure out how to move elements around in templates Undecided. But anyone who wants group PM, they just say use the forum. It's a better function anyways.

Well the reason I am looking for something for private messages is I don't want 50 million private boards on my site for people. This is so that I can see exactly how my conversation has gone from beginning to end without having to look through all the back and forth messages. On a Role Play site I can't just use the forums for private chatting or I would need (as I said) 50 million boards.

EDIT: Also my coder, who is female not male, isn't a pro coder. They dabble in it. I personally can't make heads or tails and I know she has had times where she hasn't been able to either. Either way she did, so that is null now.