MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a plugin that integrates mybb with wordpress easily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seriously.

There has to be a plugin developed to make mybb compatible with wordpress. This should be inherent.

And the ability to enable or disable certain things.

Some people don't like fully integrating with their wordpress, others, they just want to have a login widget they can customize.

Then there's the whole integrating into the #content, so far the only way i know of is with iframes.. there has to be a better way.

If mybb was designed with this in mind it would be great.
Plugins are what the people build, so unless someone wants to make it, they wont. MyBB probably wont have this because this is something different to integrate, not a lot of people want it, but people do want it. Features in MyBB should be something that can be useful to everyone.
Won't happen and I'll tell you why.

Wordpress sucks as being community software. It's for blogs. Why would anyone need to allow members to login directly to Wordpress? There are better solutions than trying to put the engine of a pickup truck into the body of a sub-compact.

Poor attempts have been made in the past and they only marginally worked. But good luck to anyone that does want to take that project on.
Actually a small block chevy from the LS family of v8s from a truck works just fine in a sub compact track car Big Grin

lol jk.

Well wordpress is pretty widely used as a standard template based css adjustable website system.

Integrating forums visually into sites built with wordpress and a wordpress widget with a login template outside of the forum page would be cool.

Oh well..

Right now for example I am using advanced iframes plugin in wordpress to have a link open the forum within the #content of the wordpress page. And it doesnt work quite how i want it.. but its how most ppl do it Sad I wish there was a different way! Using overflow-x, and -y to hide or show scrollbars doesnt work...