MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notice for unapproved threads/posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://community.mybb.com/thread-84847.html

IMHO I don't know why a notice isn't shown in first place. This is very crucial and most of the times, without seeing one may not recognize that a post is pending approval.

I hope MyBB can consider to add this to 1.6.10 or at least by the end of 1.6x branch (if there's anymore versions after 1.6.10).
There's a plugin for this already. http://www.mybbextras.net/showthread.php?tid=1361
I don't want to subscribe for something which should be core. Anyway, it's Janota's site.

I can and will myself code out a plugin easily, but this should be core.
oh ok I thought you were looking for this plugin. I agree it should be core.
This probably won't be core. Although it's called "awaiting moderation", here for example it's used to remove posts which break the rules but staff can still see them for future reference. As no action would ever be taken (as they're already unapproved), the notice would always show and not be of much use.

In 1.8 with the "soft delete" feature it might be feasible as the functionality is torn from the awaiting moderation system and can solely be used for letting other staff members moderate the post/thread/user/etc. which I believe was the original intent.
So how can I find these magically hidden unapproved threads/posts and remove them so I don't get this annoying (2) on the forum thread count... any method other than installing a 3rd party product or editing core would be great! ty.
Mod CP > Moderation Queue
(2013-03-31, 04:07 PM)Ryan Gordon. Wrote: [ -> ]Mod CP > Moderation Queue

That's just it.... "All of the moderation queues are currently empty." in moderation Queue...
so how else to fix it? I think it may be an error.
Have you tried a recount and rebuild?
Do as leefish said. It's very usual for unapproved post counter to show despite there are none. If it bothers much, just do recount every day or weekly.
Pages: 1 2