MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got to get EMAIL List?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know where I can get a free or cheap email list of emails associated with a specific topic such as fishing or sport fishing ect ect..?
I would not advise spamming email addresses with your forum. It's a waste of time for everyone and if anything you'll only give your forum a bad reputation.
I don't want to spam. I just want to email them with the articles and videos and such... is that still considered spam?

I don't want a bad image so please let me know lol
(2013-03-02, 03:33 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to spam. I just want to email them with the articles and videos and such... is that still considered spam?

This would be classed as spam & you may get blacklisted for it.

You could build up a list though, have people opt-in if they want to as well as the option to opt-out, this way you can send them emails and videos etc... which wouldn't be classed as spam.
how you do that?
(2013-03-02, 03:33 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to spam. I just want to email them with the articles and videos and such... is that still considered spam?

Yes, it is considered as spam.

Consider, you joined a site related to fishing and the owner sell the mail ID's to some 100 people.
When you get 100 emails from various new fishing forums, won't you get annoyed?

Do not mail people unless they ask you to do it (Subscribe to newsletter feature found in blogs).
true.
(2013-03-02, 03:56 PM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]how you do that?

You could use a company such as MailChimp - start with their free package. This way you can allow people to opt-in & out of your mailing subscription list(s).

Don't add people emails unless they state they want to be on the list though Wink.