MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Inky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw a thread on another forum on a email software called Inky and I think its amazing I just had to share Smile.

www.inky.com - Took me just a minute or so to get all my personal and work email accounts all up and running in Inky so its very easy to use and the interface is amazingly fresh & clean.

Check it out for Windows & Mac users, sadly no Linux support (Yet).
This would be perfect for me, but unfortunately the mail service I use does not give POP3 or IMAP details.
Just used it for a few minutes and trashed it. Interface was incredibly slow and it doesn't seem to download messages locally, so you have to wait every time you open a previous message. Why don't I just use the web client of gmail?
Inky looks cool, but I mostly use Exchange email accounts, so I'd much rather blow my Budget on Office 2010 or 2013, and get what I need. Yes, you can retrieve and send emails with Exchange via POP, but why would I want to do that? Personally, I am sticking to Outlook...
My email account is making Inky lag... Big time...

* Josh H. loves Inky's detection of Google Apps
(2013-03-03, 11:38 PM)Chocothunda Wrote: [ -> ]This would be perfect for me, but unfortunately the mail service I use does not give POP3 or IMAP details.

Which mail service do you use?

(2013-03-03, 11:52 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Just used it for a few minutes and trashed it. Interface was incredibly slow and it doesn't seem to download messages locally, so you have to wait every time you open a previous message. Why don't I just use the web client of gmail?

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I see what you mean. I've recently trashed it myself. I really thought it was a good to start with but once you add a few accounts the interface starts to bug and it does seem to be performing quite slowly now.

(2013-03-04, 04:17 AM)Dragon_Void Wrote: [ -> ]Inky looks cool, but I mostly use Exchange email accounts, so I'd much rather blow my Budget on Office 2010 or 2013, and get what I need. Yes, you can retrieve and send emails with Exchange via POP, but why would I want to do that? Personally, I am sticking to Outlook...

Probably will stick to Outlook myself.
I use the mail app in osx and that works fine for my needs :/
Using this and was horribly slow at first, but now it's working great and I definitely like the interface.
(2013-03-12, 05:16 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Using this and was horribly slow at first, but now it's working great and I definitely like the interface.

Do you have multiple email accounts integrated into Inky? I have a fairly large screen and it sort of bugs up the left sidebar interface having more than one account icon.
I tried it because I wanted something to replace Thunderbird as my email client at work, unfortunately it didn't stick Sad One particular thing that had me going back to Thunderbird is that it'd always make me "load more" while I was trying to search.
Pages: 1 2