MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Likes Given/Received from template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How can I remove Likes Given/Received from template? I use Thank You/Like System and Novus Black theme.

[Image: likess.png]
I'm looking for this information as well. This is part of the plugin from G33K...Very surprised it's not an option to turn this information on or off.

I've googled it,but the only relative thread that turns up is your thread, cata.

i've found a somewhat solution..but it leaves a single blank line between "posts" and "joined" when deleting both 'likes received' and 'likes given' code, though that doesn't necessarily look bad IMO. there's surely a spot in the thread or posting .php where this can be further tweaked if the blank bothers you, but this simple fix worked for me:

admin control -> "templates & style" -> "templates" -> under global templates / control / "expand" -> thankyoulike_postbit "options" -> "full edit" -> cut and paste the code from the large box into a text file and save the text file (in case you want it in the future), then save the template. i wanted to keep 'likes received', but do away with 'likes given'. so in that case, remove the corresponding line of code and save instead of removing it all.

[attachment=28734]

if there's an easier way (eg, a toggle setting somewhere in account countrol), i couldn't find it.
Yes, you need to edit the "postbit_author_user" template (under "Post Bit Templates") for which ever theme you are using as well. The installation adds a couple of br tags:

{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br />
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%<br />
{$lang->postbit_joined} {$post['userregdate']}
{$post['replink']}{$post['warninglevel']}

You need to remove one of them so you end up with:

{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%<br />
{$lang->postbit_joined} {$post['userregdate']}
{$post['replink']}{$post['warninglevel']}

This will remove the blank line between "post count" and "date joined":

[attachment=29505]

While you are about it, you might also want to edit the thankyoulike_memprofile template from Global Templates to remove the counts from the profile page display... just delete (or rem out) the entire contents.