MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting Up Local Webserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've set up a local webserver on a CentOS box. Mybb works great other than the fact I can not upload attachments, avatars because I get a 500 internal server error.

Anyone know what might be the issue? I apologize if this isn't the correct section to post this.
Have you made sure to give the files and folders correct permissions? Seems like that might be your issue.
It's not. I made sure permissions are correct. I've chmod directories to 755 and files to 644. At least that's what has always worked for me.
Check your server configuration and PHP configuration. It could be that something in those is causing the error.

If not, is there an htaccess in /uploads that could be causing this?
Any idea what would be causing this in my PHP/Apache configuration? Would another section be suitable for this? I didn't know where to post this but it seems it's not a Mybb specific issue.
I think its your file upload limit. Go to php.ini file [or whatever in CentOS] & search for 'MiB' After you find it, change the digit just before MiB to something big, like '10MiB' & it will do the work.
Upload limit is 32MB. I figured out what the problem was but not how to fix it. All files except images upload fine so maybe I am missing something somewhere.

Actually scratch that, it's happening with all files over a certain size. Why is it generating a 500 server error instead of a mybb error though?

Thought I would post back to update everyone. So I found out that there is not trouble trying to upload a php file. The issue happens trying to upload any other kind of file such as images, compressed archives, haven't tried with text files yet.

At first I thought it may have been because I didn't have GD installed which it turns out that I did. Then I started digging deeper and notice there wasn't a mime.types file in my conf directory for httpd so I created that with the usual mime types. Despite my digging the issue persists and I am at a loss. The major downside is no errors are being generated so I have no idea what the issue is. I've definitely ruled out permission issues causing this undesired behavior.
So.. I decided to re-do everything and instead used Webmin this time around and no longer have this issue.