MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing forum width
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Apart... It's way to wide. Changing the default theme global width does nothing.

Changing the child Apart does change the width. However, it just squishes everything over to the side. It doesn't seem to dynamically change all of the content... it just cuts off the page vertically.
So changing the width of the container does nothing?
Hello Turbo,

In the parent "default" global container, it does nothing if i change it...(maybe it's not supposed to)

In the actual child theme global "Apart", it changes it... but i get something like this when I change it..
[Image: 15zr03o.png]

as opposed to wrapping and keeping the content in the middle... it just cuts off everything to the right.
(2013-03-03, 02:13 PM)Gizbeat Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Turbo,

In the parent default container, it does nothing if i change it...(maybe it's not supposed to)

In the actual child theme global Apart, it changes it... but i get something like this when I change it..
[Image: 15zr03o.png]

as opposed to wrapping and keeping the content in the middle... it just cuts off everything to the right.

Send me your forum URL please, could be that you need to add some padding to it. Not familiar with the Apart theme though.
ok... figured this out with Turbo's help... need to change the .wrapper/#wrapper class width restrictions in the extra css, as well as add "margin: 0 auto;" to the extra css in the container class to get the forum centered within the browser.