MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a link bar at bottom.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

I've tryed editing the footer you ad in extra links but it wont work. I need some help.

This is what i'm doing.

I'm doing link exchange with people and would like to put there links in another seprate block under the whos online block. Do somehing like this <php? include("links.php") ?>

And have the all the links in links.php

so my problem is how can i put this in my footer it's really buging me

Thanks

Aaron
in global.php
Find:
eval("\$footer = \"".$templates->get("footer")."\";");
Add above:
@ob_start();
include "links.php";
$links = @ob_get_contents();
@ob_end_clean();
Then you can add {$links} to your footer template.
ok umm i have a problem http://www.space-forum.co.uk/index.php scroll to the bottom just before the bar of links thats where i want it. As you can see it hasnt turned out as planned
What do you have in links.php exactly? 0.o
Just the words Space Forum i will put in the whole link thing later.

When i put in the {$links} in the footer where abouts do i put it like cos the other content is confusing.

Sorry i learnt php ages ago i best have alook at php again Smile lol very forgetful
It seems you have saved it in a weird matter, formatting stuff, I bet you used wordpad or something to save it, save it with notepad as it doesn't have any weird formatting.
I'm on mac so i used text editor whitch is the same as notepad i've edited php file before with it and it's worked fine.

I'm editing the footer on the admin panel. But i just placed {$links} just after <br> nothing else

When i was on windows i'm not that dumb to use wordpad lol it sucks
Fixed. I used a free software designed for web programming. and has worked

Thanks for your help.

Aaorn
Well, I'm just used to people having windows.
Anyways, any text editor which is not really designed for development isn't anything you should use. As it might have weird formating in it.