MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add more glow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: kB68LW0.png]

Any way to add a bigger or bolder glow? This is the current setting.

<span style="color:green;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px red;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>
Take a guess on you you would do that.
(2013-03-03, 04:11 PM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ][Image: kB68LW0.png]

Any way to add a bigger or bolder glow? This is the current setting.

<span style="color:green;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px red;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

Go ahead and increase the 5px to something higher.

(2013-03-03, 04:24 PM)Jambuster Wrote: [ -> ]Take a guess on you you would do that.

This is the support section, if you have nothing to contribute but rude comments then I don't believe you should be posting here. Everyone starts somewhere, I'm sure some of your early questions can compare.
Should have mentioned.. I tried to increase the 5px but it stays the same. I put in 10, and even tried 100 and it stays the same.
Try changing those 0px to 1px
Have a look at the way Yaldaram has it: http://yaldaram.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=1 or if you can see that page: http://yaldaram.com/online.php?action=today
Use developer tools -> Inspect Element if you use Chrome.
I tried 1px 1px 5px and no difference.
(2013-03-03, 04:37 PM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]I tried 1px 1px 5px and no difference.

The first two 0px pretty much are the position of the shadow.
The third px value is the amount of blur, too much blur will decrease the opacity.
Yes, I just wanted to increase the blur. But it wont let me get any bigger.
(2013-03-03, 04:41 PM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I just wanted to increase the blur. But it wont let me get any bigger.

Try the following.
<span style="color:green;text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px red, 0px 0px  8px#940023, 0px 0px  18px#940023"><strong>{username}</strong></span>
before
[Image: kB68LW0.png]
after
[Image: acpiOnM.png]

Thanks. This looks like it will work.
Pages: 1 2