MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newbie Question; How Too Find Template To Edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another newbie problem here...
The theme I have used (apparently no longer supported by the developer as all links are dead (which I'm finding is pretty common around here in all of the themes and mods)) still has a few odd spots of it's original language (Turkish in this case) used in it...

I have found the templates for most of the sections using Turkish and have managed to edit the templates to use English...

However, there are some spots that I can't find the right template to edit... there seem to be hundreds of templates, and looking thru every one of them for the Turkish text seems crazy...

Is there an easy way to either;
- figure out what template a particular piece of the forum is in, so I can easily edit it in the templates section... or
- somehow download all of those templates so I can use a find in DreamWeaver to easily find it, replace it, and reupload it... I can't even find where in the installation these theme templates are stored so I can download them...

What's the easiest way to find and fix these problems?
Thanks a lot,
Steve
If you have Firefox you can right-click the div/element and hit "Inspect Element"
That will give you both the css and the divs.
Thanks, that works in Chrome also... at least I was able to find the section of code, and the template name was commented in the code so I was able to find the right template...

That works as long as all code is commented with the template names... if it's not, then finding the right template could still be a problem... seems like there'd be an easier way...

But I'm good for now... thanks again.
No problem.