MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is Realtek's layout so dated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to download the latest audio drivers, and look at that, their website is so 1999 I can't even begin to comprehend why they didn't afford a designer to redo it. It's not even centered on Chrome.

Just look at the footer: "Best viewed at 800x600 with IE 6.0 or Netscape 7.02 or Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6 or higher. "

http://www.realtek.com.tw
Probably because they, like many other sites (ussc.gov for example, not as bad but still) have owners that don't know people specialize in web design, or think it's a waste of money.
It's not broken.
I think it has more to do with the fact that their drivers are repackaged by companies people actually by from. Thus they go to their sites instead of the realtek site.
(2013-03-03, 09:39 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not broken.

Design is for the consumer, thus is doesn't need to be broken to be fixed. For example, the prettier your building is the more customers that are likely to walk in.
Because it doesn't matter. Nobody's going to Realtek's site to be engaged or whatever. They're getting their driver and getting the hell out.
(2013-03-03, 10:32 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-03, 09:39 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]It's not broken.

Design is for the consumer, thus is doesn't need to be broken to be fixed. For example, the prettier your building is the more customers that are likely to walk in.

Let me resay that.

It's not broken. I can get to where I need to, and all my information. It looks like crap. But it does it's job.

Next; You know where almost all of realtek's business is right? I'm fairly certain the companies that contract Realtek don't visit their website as much as they inspect their products that go in their products.

Realtek has no real need for a new site.
If I have extra money, will I spend it on a new design, or weed things that will help me further my business more then a design will?

Quote:It looks like crap. But it does it's job.

That's pretty much it. No need to spend money on something that works.
I didn't know what year that trend in design started. Thanks for that info... My math textbook website is much like that too, just slightly better.

They just need some CSS tweaks to make it decent though. And fix the links at the bottom.
Because a working website is more important than a pretty one.

Some people like their bars to look like a bar.

[Image: 0403keens.jpg]

And some people want the modern glitz.

[Image: Signature-Bar-medium7-400x321.jpg]

But what's not broken should not be fixed.
Pages: 1 2