MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member list can not be accessed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Every time I try to access the member list, using an administrator or normal account, I get the message that I do not have permission to access the page. I have the member list enabled in the settings.
It isn't one of my plugins, because when I disable all plugins in the General Configuration, the member list is still inaccessible.
Also, the problem is still there after switching themes.

Also, when I comment out this in the php file:
if($mybb->usergroup['canviewmemberlist'] == 0)
{
	error_no_permission();
}
the member list works, so I know it has something to do with the settings of the usergroup. So I went into the database, and found a column in the usergroups row that said canviewmemberlist, and I set it to 1 for all groups except guests and banned users. Still nothing.

When I tried to put:
$mybb->usergroup['canviewmemberlist']
in a seperate file to see the output, it seems that it always outputs 0, regardless of what I have stored in my database.

URL to page: http://forum.infohoarder.com/memberlist.php
Test account: Sandbox
Test password: Test123

Please help, this is really bugging me.

Thanks in advance!
Usergroups will be cached. You need to edit the permissions for each group in the ACP.
Did you try to change the permissions of a group in the Admin CP?

For example: Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Registered -> Miscellaneous -> Can view member list? -> Check -> Save User Group

EDIT: Ninja'd.
(2013-03-04, 07:35 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Usergroups will be cached. You need to edit the permissions for each group in the ACP.

After checking the cache, I noticed that the entire cache page wasn't working, so then I checked my server log, and it seemed that even though the plugins were disabled, one was still causing problems with the cache page (the plugin was Awaiting Activation Count). I removed it and now I could rebuilt the user cache, which solved the problem.

(2013-03-04, 07:36 AM)José F. Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to change the permissions of a group in the Admin CP?

For example: Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Groups -> Registered -> Miscellaneous -> Can view member list? -> Check -> Save User Group

EDIT: Ninja'd.

I checked, but there is no permission for the member list when editing a usergroup. Its only accessoble from the database.
(2013-03-04, 08:33 AM)Qub1 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked, but there is no permission for the member list when editing a usergroup. Its only accessoble from the database.

It's accessible via the usergroup permissions by default. Try looking again.
(2013-03-04, 08:46 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-04, 08:33 AM)Qub1 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked, but there is no permission for the member list when editing a usergroup. Its only accessoble from the database.

It's accessible via the usergroup permissions by default. Try looking again.

I think that the problem lies there, because I've inspected every option and tab, and it is not there. In what template is the code for that page? Then I can restore it.

This is an image of my miscellaneous tab where the option should be:
[Image: usergroup.png]
May be try to do it manually?

Go to admin/modules/user/groups.php

& find the line "canviewmemberlist" =>

if it is there, set to one. If it is absent find

"maxemails" => 4,

just below it add:

"canviewmemberlist" => 1,
(2013-03-04, 03:33 PM)EGman Wrote: [ -> ]May be try to do it manually?

Go to admin/modules/user/groups.php

& find the line "canviewmemberlist" =>

if it is there, set to one. If it is absent find

"maxemails" => 4,

just below it add:

"canviewmemberlist" => 1,

Strange, it is already there and set to 1.

Also, the file contains this line:
		$form->generate_check_box("canviewmemberlist", 1, $lang->can_view_member_list, array("checked" => $mybb->input['canviewmemberlist'])),
however the option doesn't show

In fact, no core file edits have been made, so it must be a plugin's hook that is causing the problem.

Edit: When disabling all plugins using the global on/off switch, the option does show. I guess I'll have to do the old process of elimination.

Solved it completely:
The plugin that was causing the options to disappear was the limit attachment downloads per day plugin, so beware