MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost Password Form Target for Bots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an option somewhere in the Admin settings for adding a Captcha to the Lost Password Recovery Form?

I get dozens of emails everyday notifying me of bounced emails coming from the MyBB Forum password recovery form. Clearly bots target that page. It's by far my biggest source of spam email.
Not within the core as far as I'm aware. There may well be a plugin on the mods site though.
(2013-03-04, 01:38 PM)simpleuserid Wrote: [ -> ]I get dozens of emails everyday notifying me of bounced emails coming from the MyBB Forum password recovery form.
Are you sure? It doesn't send any emails if there is no account with the entered address.
(2013-03-04, 01:44 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-04, 01:38 PM)simpleuserid Wrote: [ -> ]I get dozens of emails everyday notifying me of bounced emails coming from the MyBB Forum password recovery form.
Are you sure? It doesn't send any emails if there is no account with the entered address.

Yes, I'm sure. The bounced emails include the header from the original email and the subjects are all something like 'Your password for {my forum name}'.