MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A question in database configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry and maybe this is a stupid question, but what do I enter in Database Username, Database Password and Database Name of the installation process?

I get this error message:

Quote:There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

Could not select the database ' (the name I wrote in Database Name) '. Are you sure it exists and the specified username and password have access to it?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.

So where do I get this information?
You can normally get this information from your web host's control panel. Make sure you've actually created the database first.
You have to set up a MySQL at your host.
Oh! But this step (creating the database first) is not given in the documentation of MyBB wiki? I'm pretty sure I didn't read anything about that.
From a quick browse of the install documentation, that is entirely true and should be rectified. Thanks for pointing it out!
You can do that by:

Going to cPanel & selecting the MYSQL DATABASES WIZARD:
[Image: gG6FYeg.png]

Then creating your database name:
[Image: HqwZF7c.png]

Then create the ADMIN for this database:
[Image: uNdyOGx.png]

and you are done.

make sure the details you enter in the INSTALLATION wizard of mybb start with their PREFIX
which is your cpanel username + an underscore.