MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installing mybb 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondering if 1.8 alpha has a install upgrade script or whether it is all manual install as i am keen to start testing this on a local enviroment, but would like to use my existing forum database to see how upgrades go.
You can upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7, but when revisions are made to 1.7 there is no upgrade script from revision to revision if that makes sense.
You could duplicate your forum and it's database and then upgrade, keeping your current database and it's data.
so there is a script to upgrade 1.6 to 1.7 but no upgrades to 1.7.1 .2 ect,
and the idea was to duplicate 1.6 forum on my local host keeping my live forum as it is.
(2013-03-04, 08:24 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]so there is a script to upgrade 1.6 to 1.7 but no upgrades to 1.7.1 .2 ect

Basically, yes - there are no upgrades between 1.7 versions.
If you duplicate your forum you can save your original upgrade your new one to 1.7 (1.8 Alpha). When a new change comes in you can delete your current 1.7, duplicate your saved 1.6 and upgrade that new one to 1.7.
Simple Wink