MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Idea) Edit reason plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know how with vBulletin, when a post is edited, it'll have a "Reason:" fiel d where you can enter a reason and next to the last edited by message, it has this

"Reason:"

Would it be possible to do this for MyBB? It'd really come in handy.
Yeah, I'd like that, mainly to make moderators use. If they edit a post then they can put in the reason for editing. And some users might like to use it.

On other forums that use that, I almost always enter a reason when I edit my post~
MaliciousKitty Wrote:Yeah, I'd like that, mainly to make moderators use. If they edit a post then they can put in the reason for editing.

Precisely. Smile
I made a custom bbcode for this.
Admin CP -> Message Filters -> Custom My Code -> Add MyCode
Regular expression:
\[edit\](.*?)\[/edit\]
Replacement:
<div style="font-size: 9px; color: red">** Edit reason: $1</div>
So they type [edit]reason[/edit] in the post.
I made a definition for it in my theme and use the same structure as quotes but with red.
it should actually be a field though in the edit thing. However an optional one, well have it so admin can set it to must, optional or off. I may try my hand at this for my first plugin however don't count on it.
Immersion Wrote:it should actually be a field though in the edit thing. However an optional one, well have it so admin can set it to must, optional or off. I may try my hand at this for my first plugin however don't count on it.

Exactly.

I hope you can successfully do it. You'd certainly have my appreciation!