MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change the character / with something else?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 0503201325615.png]

Hi all, i would like to modify the character slash "/" and change it with something else, for example ">", anyone know where i have to edit?

thanks
Go to your themes templates -> Navigation templates -> & open the templates containing '_sep' at last & modify the slash from there to '»' (without quotes) and it will work Smile
thanks Smile

[Image: 05032013114429.png]

one more question, you know how can i make the Quote and Code message to be writed outside the mark, this is how is now:

[Image: 05032013112547.png]

and i would like to be like this:

[Image: 05032013112401.png]

also, the code and the quote are to close to the left and up side of the post, i would like to make the more into the midle
Go to your cPanel/Filemanager -> inc -> Right-Click on class_parser.php & click EDIT -> In the new EDIT window find:

return "<blockquote><cite>{$span}".htmlspecialchars_uni($username)." $lang->wrote{$linkback}</cite>{$message}</blockquote>\n";

& replace with:

return "Quote:\n<blockquote>{$span}Originally Posted By ".htmlspecialchars_uni($username).": \n{$message}</blockquote>\n";

& then find:

return "<div class=\"codeblock\">\n<div class=\"title\">".$lang->code."\n</div><div class=\"body\" dir=\"ltr\"><code>".$code."</code></div></div>\n";

& replace with:

return "Code:\n<div class=\"codeblock\">\n".$lang->code."\n</div><div class=\"body\" dir=\"ltr\"><code>".$code."</code></div>\n";
i changed and seems that there are problems Smile

[Image: 05032013151907.png]

this is how i would like to see the code:

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpost.ph...ostcount=3

and this is how i would like to see the quote:

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showpost.ph...ostcount=5
hmm.. I thought you could do the rest yourself Smile

Find:

return "Quote:\n<blockquote>{$span}Originally Posted By ".htmlspecialchars_uni($username).": \n{$message}</blockquote>\n";

& replace with:

return "Quote:\n<blockquote>Originally Posted By<b> ".htmlspecialchars_uni($username)."</b> &raquo;<span style="float:right">{$span}</span> \n<i>{$message}</i></blockquote>\n";

& then find:

return "Code:\n<div class=\"codeblock\">\n".$lang->code."\n</div><div class=\"body\" dir=\"ltr\"><code>".$code."</code></div>\n";

& replace with:

return "Code:\n<div class=\"codeblock\">\n<div class=\"body\" dir=\"ltr\"><code>".$code."</code></div></div>\n";

Does that work?
now im getting 404 Not Found from the webhost :|

ill reply when is back
Okay dude, no problem Smile
i getting this error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/name_edited/public_html/inc/class_parser.php on line 727

edit: the error is from the quote code, i swiched the quote code to default, the code code is fine now:

[Image: 05032013180405v.png]

how can we change the size of the framework of the code region?

[Image: 05032013184030.png]

to be like here:

[Image: 05032013185406.png]
Oh I am sorry Smile

The QUOTE must be replaced with:

return "Quote:\n<blockquote>Originally Posted By<b> ".htmlspecialchars_uni($username)."</b> ยป<span class=\"right\">{$span}</span> \n<i>{$message}</i></blockquote>\n";

Then go to global.css and add:

.right { float:right; }

For making the CODEBLOCK small, go to global.css and add:

.codeblock {
max-width: XXXpx;
}

Enter XXXpx for width in pixel [XXX=any number] or if you want in percent, then enter XXX%.
Pages: 1 2