MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum error need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I am getting this error now when trying to view a thread.
I even uploaded the orignal file from the 1.2.1 download but still have the error.
error is
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting '}' in /home/shadowdo/public_html/mybb/showthread.php(801) : eval()'d code on line 1

What do I do to fix this? The strange thing is I was just viewing my forums and then this.
Did you recently make a modification to the showthread template? Did you insert a variable somewhere but left out a } somewhere?
I opened it to look over the showthread.php file but to my knowledge I didn't change anything. I did redownload 1.2.1 and uploaded the orignal file. I will go revert the show thread template back also.

EDIT: Thanks DennisTT reverting the template back seemed to fix it. Now if I can remember why it was changed in the first place.
No problem. If you're trying to find out what you've modified before you reverted, unfortunately once you revert the modified template is deleted. Perhaps it was a plugin or modification?
could have been. Oh well. I'll worry about that problem once I find it. Thanks again