MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6.10 Update Delay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Quite a number of users (including myself) have had a number of issues related to lack of PHP 5.4 support in the current versions of mybb. Some of us also have hosts who have been unable to roll us back to an older PHP version.

I've been following the beta roadmap as well as the github repo for ages now and I see that the only person holding off the update is Kevin Van Ryckegem with the signature issue. Will he be finishing off any time soon? It's been an issue for just over 7 months now...

I absolutely love the MYBB forum software and it's a real pity that so many of us cannot use it to its full potential because of something as trivial as a very delayed fix to a signature error (Bug #2039).
It will be released when it's ready. It needs thorough testing due to performance changes which affect the way PHP handles the data. It won't be released while it's unstable.
Thank you for clarifying things Nathan- really appreciate the help and support that is always so kindly offered here. I look forward to the next release!

Keep well!
hope will release soon because my hosting provider has updated their php version Sad
I am running MyBB 1.6.10 on php 5.4 as part of testing, some bugs were found by me and other testers, but I think the end is near and I am sure you will be pleased with it.
Thanks Leefish! I went through the github repo and found the updated corrections to fix a few of the bugs that I had. I am looking forward to the 1.6.10 update- I've been having issues for around 11 months now due to the incompatibility with later php versions.

On a related note, is Kevin Van Ryckegem still part of the project? He was inactive for many months on end, he then logged in for a few days and then disappeared again. It's been 2 months since he last logged in. The old dev site still lists 2 open issues that were left for him:
Bug 2039: Almost 10 months to fix and seemingly untouched for 2 months
Bug 2039: Last updated 5 days ago by Stefan T but still assigned to Kevin to fix.

I realise and strongly agree that 1.6.10 should only be released after thorough testing and when it's completely stable, but I also feel that it's unfortunate that so many users are having problems with the MyBB software and are considering moving over to other forum software scripts due to the delays caused by 1 or 2 developers who aren't as interested as all the rest.

Perhaps the remaining 2 bugs should be assigned to someone else? The rest of the developers all seem fantastic! Nathan, Stefan, Tom, Justin, Matt etc etc
Please note the roadmap on Redmine does not represent the real state of a release. There are many other things to be considered and tested before we publish a version and an open ticket may not affect the release.
Actually MyBB 1.6.10 will probably be published this weekend.
(2013-04-20, 11:21 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Please note the roadmap on Redmine does not represent the real state of a release. There are many other things to be considered and tested before we publish a version and an open ticket may not affect the release.
Actually MyBB 1.6.10 will probably be published this weekend.

Oh wow that's really great news! Thanks Stefan- the update is very much appreciated! And thank you for the information regarding the roadmap on Redmine. I'll stick to the github repo in the future!

All the best!