MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: default theme broke after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed 1.8 fresh and the default theme is fine, i then imported my database and did the upgrade, and the default themes images are missing the header was also broke which i fixed by reverting the templates, when i check the image url i notice it is a .gif rather than a .png
Yes, because you're trying to use a 1.6 theme on a 1.8 installation. In theory when upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 all of your images from 1.6 will still be on the server.
I was refering to the mybb default theme, not my custom theme, i'm aware my custom theme will break.
MyBB 1.8.0 is still an SVN. Its not advisable at all to upgrade your stable 1.6 forum to 1.8.
(2013-03-05, 02:47 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8.0 is still an SVN. Its not advisable at all to upgrade your stable 1.6 forum to 1.8.

I havent, only on a test platform

When i go to the theme properties i am faced with this error

Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 1118 - File: admin/modules/style/themes.php PHP 5.3.10 (Linux)
File Line Function
/admin/modules/style/themes.php 1118 errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 535 require

Also the base colours are missing not even sure how they work
any idea on this error, i seem to have everything else sorted
When upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 you will still have the 1.6 theme files on the server, so the theme will naturally work. If you're just upgrading the database without the files you will encounter issues.
This is even happening on the default mybb theme the one that comes packaged with the software.
Sounds like my post
http://community.mybb.com/thread-134000.html
if you read King Louis posted a regression I guess that's what you you call it. Well a temp fix

it may help you for now
The base colors, I had to add the stylesheet myself to the index. Or something like that. The base colors work though.
Pages: 1 2