MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recommend me a VPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
ZOMG! Thank you for the Ramnode link! I don't think I've seen a cheaper SSD-cached VPS with that kind of hardware on 1Gbps anywhere. I may definitely look into using them.

Does anyone have good tutorial links to how to get up and running on an unmanaged VPS?
PHP w/ extensions & Ruby, threat protection software, etc.
http://library.linode.com/

Great resource and their tutorials should work on any xen or kvm host. OpenVZ should work as well but sometimes kernel issues with certain distros cause problems.
VPSLatch looks pretty good. Might try them but am open to more suggestions.
I would search any host he take an interest in on Webhosting talk. Especially OpenVZ since it's easier to oversell on those(and yes VPSs can be oversold).
So many different options to pick from. I just want to make sure I get a good company with quick response. Prefer 24 7 live chat.

1gb RAM
Fast portspeed.
Cpanel
Managed
I can't recommend 6sync enough, their support team is just the best.

(2013-03-18, 06:51 AM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]VPSLatch looks pretty good. Might try them but am open to more suggestions.

Their now-defunct sister company HostLatch was horrific, I'd avoid VPSLatch.
Doesn't look like they offer cpanel though.
(2013-03-18, 05:16 PM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't look like they offer cpanel though.

http://6sync.com/faq

Quote:That being said, if you're used to cPanel, its just a ticket and $15/month away until we automate its installation.
55$ for the package I would need. To much for me.
(2013-03-18, 05:45 PM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]55$ for the package I would need. To much for me.

If $55 for a server is really too much you should probably stick to shared for a little while longer. Crappy VPSes are more of a nightmare than decent shared, especially if you're cramming the beast that is cPanel on there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6