MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I forgot my password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have a problem i have forgot my password or i must of typed in the wrong password when i changed it now i have pressed forgot password i have done this a few times now but i havent been sent a email to change my password and i have checked the spam folder its not going there is there any other way i can change my password thanks
Is this on your forum and do you have database access?
Hello im sorry here is my site url i didnt put it up
http://www.handheldgaming.org

Yes this is on my forum i cant access the acp because i must of accidently typed my password in wrong i changed it and i cant remember what i typed in
You do have Cpanel access right? You could change your password from the hosting. Smile

Edit this in your DB.
Quote:To reset a lost/forgotten to 'test' (requires you to change X to the uid of the user this will apply to):
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'
No i dont because i cant login to acp my user name is right but i forgot the pssword ive tried it wont let me in
That query is not entered in the Admin CP.
Go to your hosts website login and choose phpMyAdmin in one of the sections of your cPanel.
Ok thanks im back in