MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete the last edited option on one forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Standard you have if u edit a topic or post after posting that u see on the button or top (its wich templates u use) "last edited by". I know that u can delete this in the templates that it is not visible annymore.

But I want to have this option on one forum not visible and at the rest visible. I have a forum where I put only site news and there I want disable that option. On the rest of the forums I want to have the option enable. So is there a way to disable it only in that forum??

Thanks allot!!!
Collect your forum id where you wanna hide.
Bind the "last edited by" code using a custom id (or class). This way:

In postbit template (also similar for classic) find:
<span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>

make it:
<span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']} hide_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>

Now if your site news forum's ID is, say 22, then add this at the end of global.css:

#hide_22 { display: none; }

Thats all.
Hey,

I have change the code in the "postbit" to <span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']} hide_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>

And in the "postbit_classic" to <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']} hide_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>.

Then I put "#hide_41 { display: none; }" (because if I put the mouse over the forum I want to hide I see 41) in the global from the theme en save all.

If I check after the edit's still the edit_by element is visible at the news page. So its seems to be not working now.. Can u help me with this, do I something wrong??
Can someone help me bacause the codes not working for me Sad
Instead of:
<span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']} hide_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
Use:
<span id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}" class="edit_forum_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>

And instead of:
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']} hide_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
Use:
<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}" class="edit_forum_{$forum['fid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
And since your forum is 41, open your global.css and add:
.edit_forum_41 {
display: none;
}
Please also refresh/empty your cache.
GREAT this works well and the last edit option is gone on the news page en still there on the rest.
Thanks allot!!!!
I didn't understand why I can't point the target with an ID. I've checked the code before I posted as I always do and it worked for me like a charm.

Any explanation regarding that JM?
I think GalaxyFreak had multiple edits on one page and you must know that you can only have one tag per ID.
Anyway personally I use class' when doing things like this in MyBB since there is the ability for conflicts.
Might be the case. Thanx for the alternate though.
+rep.
Thank you for the rep Big Grin.
Pages: 1 2