MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am thinking of using MyBB, but I want to know if it has the following features?

-ranking system ( I could add users to a certain rank) and only certain rank can view a certain section of the forum

-gain points by posting & set different points for different threads/topics

-add friends

-leave comments on other profile pages

-I know that MyBB has ibank(which is a huge plus!), and people can exchange points, then , can people buy gifts and give it to others using points?

-paypal donation bars, only available for paid user?

-hide function and set it to be available to only certain rank users

-move topics to other section

-upload files to the site and when members agree to download it, it takes away points(the uploaders set) from their accounts

-lock the topics

Thanks,
(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-ranking system ( I could add users to a certain rank) and only certain rank can view a certain section of the forum

I assume you mean user groups? MyBB has them built in and can be configured globally.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-gain points by posting & set different points for different threads/topics

The NewPoints plugin should be able to handle that.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-add friends

MyBB has a buddy system in place.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-leave comments on other profile pages

There's a Profile Comments plugin, yes.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-I know that MyBB has ibank(which is a huge plus!), and people can exchange points, then , can people buy gifts and give it to others using points?

I haven't heard of that plugin, but I do know there are plugins which have such functionality,

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-paypal donation bars, only available for paid user?

The Naoar Donation plugin should be what you want.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-hide function and set it to be available to only certain rank users

Hide what, exactly? MyBB has an extensive permissions system on both a usergroup and forum basis.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-move topics to other section

Yes, core functionality.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-upload files to the site and when members agree to download it, it takes away points(the uploaders set) from their accounts

MyBB has an attachments system, but I don't think the latter exists unless a plugin already provides it.

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-lock the topics

Yes, core functionality.
Thank you so much for replying Blush

(2013-03-06, 08:05 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-I know that MyBB has ibank(which is a huge plus!), and people can exchange points, then , can people buy gifts and give it to others using points?

I haven't heard of that plugin, but I do know there are plugins which have such functionality,

(2013-03-06, 07:57 AM)ri0 Wrote: [ -> ]-hide function and set it to be available to only certain rank users

Hide what, exactly? MyBB has an extensive permissions system on both a usergroup and forum basis.

I mean the "banking system" plug in.
so is there a function for exchanging gifts and buying them?

like hiding a certain part of the post, other people can still open and read most of the content in the topic but only the users who are in a specific user group can read the hidden content. ( I am asking because I saw it on other forums)

and I wonder if I could use the same phpbb layout for mybb forums?(like same header and background and buttons )or it will not fit at all?

Thanks again Heart
I believe NewPoints has a shop plugin to do similar things.
Here is the release thread:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Release-Shop-1-7

Unsure about the hidden part of the post... As far as I know it doesn't exist by plugin (yet, do feel free to request it).
You could unapprove a post, that would make it appear hidden to everyone except mods and admins.

You'd need to get the theme rewritten for MyBB, unfortunately, themes are not cross compatible with other software. Smile
(2013-03-06, 09:43 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]I believe NewPoints has a shop plugin to do similar things.
Here is the release thread:
http://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-Release-Shop-1-7

Unsure about the hidden part of the post... As far as I know it doesn't exist by plugin (yet, do feel free to request it).
You could unapprove a post, that would make it appear hidden to everyone except mods and admins.

You'd need to get the theme rewritten for MyBB, unfortunately, themes are not cross compatible with other software. Smile

Thank you so much for answering my questions!
besides "new points" and "bank system" plug in, what plug in s do I need in order to have all of the above features?

and also, about the themes, can I just download a random theme and just change the header(by uploading a different pic)? ( I don't know how to code them, but I can edit image to fit a certain size?)

Thanks again~