MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ANDIESHOSTBOX - Offshore Quality Shared, Reseller, Master, Alpha Hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logo.png]

Thanks for checking out my showcase. I am really excited to show this site off, and hope you all will find it to your liking. I've been working on this idea for a good 7 years now, and am just now releasing it. This is my baby, my life. I work hard to preserve her. Let me know what you think.

Click on the following choices to view our different plans. This post2host is entirely run on my brainpower and MyBB. Thank you, MyBB, for being free, and for being spectacular.

PAID PLANS
[Image: shared.png]
[Image: reseller.png]
[Image: master.png]
[Image: alpha.png]

POST2HOST PLANS
[Image: shared.png]
[Image: reseller.png]
[Image: master.png]
[Image: alpha.png]
Good site design.

Just make sure we are reviewing your forum, and not your hosting.. Otherwise, this thread might get shut down.

Also, host the customers websites on a separate server than your website if you are not already doing so. That way, if the server shuts down, hopefully the other one will still be up (use a different datacenter) and they can receive support from your forums.
To be honest, you are using way over sized fonts which makes your homepage design look unprofessional and also makes this topic unreadable.

Also The design you use for the text images everywhere has too much stroke, which looks unprofessional as well.
(2013-03-06, 04:24 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, you are using way over sized fonts which makes your homepage design look unprofessional and also makes this topic unreadable.

Also The design you use for the text images everywhere has too much stroke, which looks unprofessional as well.

thanks for your comments, but I was going for a fun, grunge type feel, not a professional one.
(2013-03-06, 09:08 PM)andieg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-06, 04:24 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, you are using way over sized fonts which makes your homepage design look unprofessional and also makes this topic unreadable.

thanks for your comments, but I was going for a fun, grunge type feel, not a professional one.

The problem is people who want hosting generally are looking for a site that comes across as a professional company. Not one that is "fun" yes that can also play a part that it has funny graphics. But your site has hardly any to no information for people who would want hosting services.
Then your forums is taking a minimalistic theme with far to big font sizes.

You really have to work at a professional looking front page. With good and decent information for people.
I dont think I would use hosting services from a site like this. I don't get any confidence from it at all. use a forum for support but introduce a sales area that is a little toned down
If you're gonna do grunge, you have to do it well. This just looks really amateur. Would never even consider giving you my money.
I have a question about your paid plans....

Quote: All of our paid plans have unmetered/unlimited everything.

Then why would I pay $12 for a super whatever plan, instead of just $3 for a regular plan? I get the same amount of space and bandwidth?
I think it is cool that you have managed to get this to work - and I know that when you finally achieve the functional side of something it is really sad-making to come here to MyBB and be told it does not look pretty enough.

The thing IS - functionality (sadly) is not enough. You have to present the site well.

When I arrived at the home page it took me a minute to see the enter site link - that is bad, it should be front and center and clear for what people should do.

Brad has talked of something called a value proposition. You should think about that - what is your site for. You need to make sure that the index page makes it crystal clear what the site is about and why I should bother clicking to read more.

I will not comment to much on the theme, that has already been said, but those images on the forum bits should go.