MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Two MyBB Forums - Duplicate User Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I apologize if that has been asked before. I´m sure it has, but I simply cannot find it.

I want to merge two mybb forums. Some users did register on both of these forums.

What exactly happens now, when I´m trying to merge the two forums?

All I want is to make 1 out of 2, where the new forum has every content available on both forums.

I´m just not sure how its going to work with users being registered on both.

Thanks a lot for every information.
I'm no expert on the merge system, but you could merge your forums and then merge those users.
(2013-03-06, 04:44 PM)Storm Fireblade Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize if that has been asked before. I´m sure it has, but I simply cannot find it.

I want to merge two mybb forums. Some users did register on both of these forums.

What exactly happens now, when I´m trying to merge the two forums?

All I want is to make 1 out of 2, where the new forum has every content available on both forums.

I´m just not sure how its going to work with users being registered on both.

Thanks a lot for every information.

i think it connects user based on email addresses
The merge system will merge users that it deems to be duplicates, I don't recall exactly what the criteria is for users to be merged but it definitely does so. If any duplicate users aren't merged then you can merge them manually in the ACP.
Thank you very much. I´ll check if those user got merged and if they shouldn´t I´ll merge them manually. Didn´t know that was possible. So again, thanks a lot Smile