MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uploaded the merge folder and upload and doc folders, and i'm getting this error www.returnofwilderness.com/merge/ can someone help me?
You're meant to install the merge system into the same folder as your MyBB install. The process goes:

- Install MyBB into separate folder
- Upload Merge system into MyBB folder
- Run merge using old DB
- Remove old forum install
But when i do that i get a 404 error....

I do create new folder named mybb upload mybb 1604.zip into it extract the files into mybb folder then upload merge.zip into the mybb folder and extract it, 404 error..
Why MyBB 1.6.4? Always use the most recent version if possible. If you're getting a 404, you're obviously doing something wrong.

Download the latest version, unzip it to somewhere on your harddrive. Upload all the files via FTP to a directory such as /mybb/. Downlaod the merge system and unzip that. Then upload the whole ./merge/ folder via FTP so that it's in /mybb/merge/. Go to URL/mybb/install and install MyBB then go to URL/merge to merge the old database.
Hello mate, when i unzip the file and try and use my file manager to upload it, it just keeps opens the file for example you cannot upload a whole file without it being zip..
Upload it via FTP using a client such as FileZilla. Relying on cPanel's file manager is less than optimal.