MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to start a forum.... Ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am looking to start a brand new forum with MyBB I would absolutely love ideas on what topic(s) to use and a partner would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bado
You need to have your own idea. If someone has a good idea their not gonna tell you are they ? You need to come up with something original.
Hey Bado,

I guess most people start of with the idea/s first and want to create a structured online community and then go looking for software solutions. Big Grin

What do you want to acheive with your forum?

To make money?

To provide for a community or interest group?

To link with friends, colleagues in a structured way?
To provide for a community or interest group.
Ok, GREAT Cool - then there is your answer - look at the overall (primary) base for that Community Interest Group, then consider what are the "sub interests' - these could be the various forum sections within your board.

On someone assisting you - is there someone in your community that could do that - someone you have a robust and respectful friendship with and is computer savy?

Also, do your marketing first, don't assume that because you create a board that your community group will be automatically interested - hope that helps. Smile

Regards
Colin M
I have an idea for a forum one i would like to create my self but i'm not all that good.
(2013-03-07, 10:11 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I have an idea for a forum one i would like to create my self but i'm not all that good.

Please feel free to PM me.