MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuz!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-03-07, 07:00 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I think old Garena forums used to use Discuz. If anyone from here was an old player in garena, they might know.

oh really? are those forums still exist?(probably not)

BTW, why is this thread rated as 1 starHuh(what is the rating based on?) did I ask something that I am not supposed to here or something? (I am just asking peoples opinions thou...)
People abuse ratings.
I've heard about it for a long time now. But, it's always lacked an English community(that stuck with it).

The only forum I've really seen use that I've visited more than once was the raid call forum.
Thanks for replying guys~

(2013-03-07, 07:23 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]People abuse ratings.
oh, I see...... I edited some of my posts anyway, in case it upset people...

(2013-03-07, 01:30 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I've heard about it for a long time now. But, it's always lacked an English community(that stuck with it).

The only forum I've really seen use that I've visited more than once was the raid call forum.
so you mean those english forums tried it out at first, but they ended up changing to other forum ware?
if this is the case, I wonder what's wrong with it...?
No I mean the English community sites (like translators) didn't seem able to keep up with it.
Discuz is one piece of awesomeness.i have been following it since 3 years.it is or best software i have ever tried. I am planning to run a community based on it for my next project.you can download unofficial translation from codersclub.it serves everything you need to make a community network.
(2013-03-07, 05:13 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I assume Init thought you meant Disqus. I've never heard of "Discuz" and it doesn't seem to be very popular. It certainly isn't a leader in the forum software industry like MyBB is. It seems to be owned by a small group of Russian Chinese (??) developers, and the English language pack has a fair few mistakes. "Specified forum is not exist."

No, its actually called Discuz!. Its the most popular forum software in China. I think they dropped the official English version of that software after Discuz! 5 or something. There are now, a few sites trying to translate every release to English.

(2013-03-07, 07:00 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I think old Garena forums used to use Discuz. If anyone from here was an old player in garena, they might know.
Yes, they used Discuz! 5 or 6 (not sure)

(2013-03-09, 12:13 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]No I mean the English community sites (like translators) didn't seem able to keep up with it.
codersclub, they're now translating Discuz! X3
They aren't the first to take a stab at it though. That's what I'm saying. They are at least the 3rd that I've seen.
(2013-03-11, 02:08 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't the first to take a stab at it though. That's what I'm saying. They are at least the 3rd that I've seen.

I agree, the ones who started it, msg2me and distown (its closed), both have almost stopped their support.
(2013-03-11, 02:08 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't the first to take a stab at it though. That's what I'm saying. They are at least the 3rd that I've seen.

(2013-03-11, 02:14 AM)YanOri Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree, the ones who started it, msg2me and distown (its closed), both have almost stopped their support.

wow, that doesn't sound good at all...I mean, if they drop the project, all of the people who use discuz are kind of screw...since it is not so "convert able" with other english forum software...(not unless you make the converter yourself, of course)
and other thing is, since there aren't many people using it, so users can't get a lot of support and there aren't much resources available....
Pages: 1 2