MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing Javascript Conflicts & Simple jQuery Tweaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The inline moderation tools not working is yet another symptom.

And the way your post is aligned makes it a little confused. It typically shows that conflict can be solved by any of the three means, which is not the case here.

(2013-03-07, 07:00 AM)EGman Wrote: [ -> ]Your other jQuery based scripts don't work

Won't it be rather:
Quote:Other Prototype based scripts don't work.
I dont know much about prototype, but yes jQuery based plugins stop working... like I hads the tabbed menu + modal box [Piro box] + nova slider.. etc they all stopped working as i did not put 'jQuery.noConflict' Smile
JQuery conflicting causes both libraries to not work i.e jQuery and Prototype both stop functioning.
I have clicky and Shout Box installed, and I have no idea how to do this.

I used to have the clicky tracking code installed in the footer, but I found out these codes are in the headerinclude ?

Now I tried put it there, and I tried fix those codes, but it still wont work !

$(document), cannot even find that kind of code in the headerinclude.
I think telling users to update prototype is a bad idea, what if the newest prototype version changed/remove some parts of their core that MyBB built with? Now you have a broken forum.
(2013-12-20, 06:19 AM)exotros Wrote: [ -> ]I think telling users to update prototype is a bad idea, what if the newest prototype version changed/remove some parts of their core that MyBB built with? Now you have a broken forum.

We've already updated Prototype to the latest version in the core MyBB package. Prototype rarely gets updated and there's no harm in trying at least. It's nothing you can't reverse.
(2013-12-20, 06:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-20, 06:19 AM)exotros Wrote: [ -> ]I think telling users to update prototype is a bad idea, what if the newest prototype version changed/remove some parts of their core that MyBB built with? Now you have a broken forum.

We've already updated Prototype to the latest version in the core MyBB package. Prototype rarely gets updated and there's no harm in trying at least. It's nothing you can't reverse.

Ah, okay Smile didn't really expect you guys to update.
I have tried and tried this noconflict code and cant figure it out.....here is my headerinclude file, please help.

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php" /><link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="{$lang->latest_threads} (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication.php?type=atom1.0" /><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$charset}" /><meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript" /><script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/prototype.js?ver=1603"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/popup_menu.js?ver=1600"></script>{$stylesheets}<script type="text/javascript"><!--	var cookieDomain = "{$mybb->settings['cookiedomain']}";	var cookiePath = "{$mybb->settings['cookiepath']}";	var cookiePrefix = "{$mybb->settings['cookieprefix']}";	var deleteevent_confirm = "{$lang->deleteevent_confirm}";	var removeattach_confirm = "{$lang->removeattach_confirm}";	var loading_text = '{$lang->ajax_loading}';	var saving_changes = '{$lang->saving_changes}';	var use_xmlhttprequest = "{$mybb->settings['use_xmlhttprequest']}";	var my_post_key = "{$mybb->post_code}";	var imagepath = "{$theme['imgdir']}";// --></script>{$newpmmsg}}
^^ I'm not finding jQuery library included in your script.
(2013-12-20, 08:06 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]^^ I'm not finding jQuery library included in your script.

I just resolved the issue as it was the second time this MyFacebook Connect plugin commented out code that was needed. Apparently had nothing to do with jquery at all.

I now also have noticed I have a random "}" at the very top of my site. Not sure even where to look to find it. This facebook plugin sure wasnt the cleanest code but its working.

Thanks for looking.
Pages: 1 2 3