MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: run a mybb forum with two languages regarding registration etc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I´m sorry if this has been discussed before. I had no idea how to use the search function for that. The two questions I have are the following:

I´m running a 1.6.9 version of Mybb. Our page does offer content in different languages. The forum is seperated in those language categories, f.x. English Forums & German Forums with their subforums.

Now, if someone is entering the forum via our english page they will be redirected to the english forums category and the same for our german visitors with the german forums category.

My first question:
Is it somehow possible to include the language in those links? Because if a english user is visiting the forum it should have the english language settings (especially important for the registration) and the same goes for the german users.

My second question:
Is it somehow possible to use the ip or anything to determine a default language? Because not everyone will be joining the forum via page-links and when entering the main forum either the german users would have english registration or vice versa.

Is this really something no one has dealt with before? Smile