MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would this be beneficial at all??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am about to start writing articles for my blog/forum. I want to make sure I am going down the correct road with all this so I am here.

I do not currently have a home page. BUT! Was thinking about getting one and have my 3 articles for that month on there and also my story for my VIDEO and video itself all on the home page. I planned on writing the article on the forum then have idk 100 words of the article shown for each article on the home page so they get a taste then can click on it to go to the full article on the forum.

My question... WILL that be ANY bit beneficial? Or can I simply just write my articles and not mess with a home page?

I hope this all makes sense?
I can't see anything negative coming from doing this. It may not bring much extra traffic, but any extra traffic is good traffic.
Homepage makes sense. especially if you end up writing articles regularly you'll want to give them an option to browse through other articles you've written rather quickly in a way that makes it possible to clearly understand the articles you have and choose which additional ones they wish to read. a 100 words is quite a bit for a summary.. I'd lower it to just your synopsis. This way it'll entice curious minds to click and read. The more interesting content you have the more likely your traffic will grow, provided you have at-least basic SEO so search engines are able to crawl your site effectively.