MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to increase visitor registration rate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a forum which is getting a decent amount of traffic per day (around 20 visitors per day) but not many of them are registering. Does anyone have any tips for increasing the amount of people who join and contribute to the site?

Thanks
Show us your site.
(2013-03-08, 03:26 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Show us your site.

http://campforums.net/
Your site is incredibly slow for me, for one thing ...
You could add a bit more of eye candy, so that visitors get interested.
I think design wise you site is ok. Its clean & looks professional. I suggest you to arrange some competitions & giveaways to kick start your forum. Also you can use many promotion sites to get some members. Showcase your forum in promotion sites but before that get some interesting & unique content.
http://community.mybb.com/forum-133.html

I presume that is the right section for this thread.
The aboot joke made me cry a little.
(2013-03-08, 03:27 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Your site is incredibly slow for me, for one thing ...

Could you try again? Is anybody else having this problem? Its working fine for me, hopefully this was just temporary. Confused

(2013-03-08, 05:11 PM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]You could add a bit more of eye candy, so that visitors get interested.

What do you mean by this?

(2013-03-08, 06:00 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]I think design wise you site is ok. Its clean & looks professional. I suggest you to arrange some competitions & giveaways to kick start your forum. Also you can use many promotion sites to get some members. Showcase your forum in promotion sites but before that get some interesting & unique content.

I've tried posting on some promotion sites, but don't you find the people there are mainly looking to promote their own site only? I've also done a little adWords advertising, I'm trying to find more niche specific sites to post on. What kind of competitions would you suggest? Like, join and make 5 posts and be eligible?

(2013-03-08, 09:44 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]The aboot joke made me cry a little.

Wink
For me your site loaded incredibly slow, too. Its the worst thing for users if they have to wait ages to see the content. Fix this please. Smile
Pages: 1 2