MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: gmail.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently been hit hard by spammers signing up and and around 50% are from gmail emails now do i go ahead and block gmail accounts signing up or do i leave them as actual members may want to sign up using gmail, so should i block gmail emails signing up, or leave them incase it blocks proper members.
Definitely leave them. I personally use gmail as my main email and don't have any plans to stop doing so.
I always use my isp email as my main email, or the email from my web site. and i use gmail as my coonection to the android store.
Is there a list any where of emails that should be blocked, as i am trying to combat the spam but fighting a loosing battle.
Stop Forum Spam should detect that for you. Do you use it?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-92228.html

If they are using mainstream stuff not much you can do :/
Are they all using variations of the same email address or completely different emails (i.e. x.ves.y@.. and xv.esy@.. vs abc@.. and def@..)?
(2013-03-08, 11:47 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I always use my isp email as my main email, or the email from my web site. and i use gmail as my coonection to the android store.

You are in the extreme minority.
I for one always set up email for any domain I buy to point to Gmail, or at least I did before they started phasing out free Google Apps for Business.
You wouldn't want to block Gmail! The number of genuine people & businesses that use Gmail :o

Probably best to up your anti-spam monitors, there are several threads in the help section guiding you on just that.

What spam plugins do you have installed currently?