MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really want to start a new forum, but I have no idea what to base it on. I'm sick of seeing HF copies every 5 minutes, so I want to find an original niche and go with that.

I tried to start a LoL forum but never really went through with it; should I try this again?

Also, the thing I know about the most/love the most is sport. Would it be easy to start a popular sporting forum? I've always wanted to but I think it'd be to hard to get traffic as most forum users, without sounding a grape, are 'nerds' (I am a nerd too) and don't generally talk about/follow sports.
Why would you start a forum when you don't even know what to do with it?
Before you jump into a forum you should do some "Marketing Research". I used to browse General Discussion boards and get niches from there, made a forum that hit 50k posts within 2 months, so I was happy, was my first time.
(2013-03-08, 03:40 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you start a forum when you don't even know what to do with it?

I'm not making it until I do know what to do, hence this thread etc.

grape.
LOL as in the game??? what's the link?
I've inherited complete ownership (I was just providing hosting before but now the leader quit) of a gaming website and I'm also going to start (or try at least) a new gaming network.. already have a campaign going before launch.

You just need to find what YOU want to write about 80% of the time and make your community about that. So long as you lead the way by example and build up some online reputation for your niche your site will grow.