MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to another directory - 404 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I had a FluxBB forum. I created a test MyBB forum in another directory with a separate DB, converted the FluxBB DB, configured the forum as I wanted and now I'm trying to move it to the directory of the old forum. I deleted the old forum and cleared the old DB, imported the new data in the old DB, changed the URL and cookie path in Admin CP, copied the files, and changed the DB name in config.php. It tells me, 404 - File or directory not found.
What have I done wrong?
I didn't delete the test forum and its DB at once, but could it make a difference? (Now it's deleted)
Maybe the path for the forum has to be changed in your files or the path in the database, but I'm not sure
Trying to install it new. I have the htdocs-forum directory, I uploaded the files and try to access the install folder, but it gives the same error. Is the procedure different when you have the forum.site.com structure? Because it installed ok under site.com/mybb directory, but I don't need it there. Also, I have an aspnet_client folder there which I can't remove. Any ideas?
If there's anyone able to help, I'll PM you the FTP access details.
I cannot solve this. Could this be a DB thing? Files? Permissions? Any clue?

Does it hurt to have two identical DBs? (I seem to remember reading something like this)
Could you possibly post a URL? And also explain the directory structure fully?
This http://forum.islammuslim.lv/install/ is not working

But this http://www.islammuslim.lv/mybb/install/ is working.

The first path on the server is /htdocs-forum/install/

The second one is /Website/mybb/install/
You need to move the files into /Website/ then.
Why? What is the cause of this behaviour?
The FluxBB forum was doing fine in the htdocs-forum directory, and so was PunBB before.
The forum exists for more than 5 years and everyone already knows its address, so I'd like to keep it there if possible.
In the worst case, I need at least a redirect.
I'm also waiting for reply from my host.

Confused
Not entirely sure, your webhost should be able to assist better as each webhost is different in how they use their directory structure.
Ok, my host solved this.