MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When is MyBB 1.6.10 Coming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I was wondering when MyBB 1.6.10 is coming.
Doesn't Have to be a Exact Date.
Thanks

I'd just like to know because I want PHP 5.4.12 to work.
When it's ready, as always.
Some say there is no MyBB 1.6.10 coming.

The 1.6 series can come to an end and more devs can concentrate on MyBB 1.8.0, which can then complete faster.

I support the idea of all devs concentrating into MyBB 1.8.0, that way we can wrap up 1.6 series and open up a new world with 1.8.
(2013-03-10, 08:52 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]Some say there is no MyBB 1.6.10 coming.

The 1.6 series can come to an end and more devs can concentrate on MyBB 1.8.0, which can then complete faster.

I support the idea of all devs concentrating into MyBB 1.8.0, that way we can wrap up 1.6 series and open up a new world with 1.8.

1.6 will continue to be supported and maintained even after 1.8 is released. 1.6 isn't exactly taking any development time away from 1.8.
MyBB 1.8 would get some more attention if there are no more pending versions to be released in the series.
(2013-03-10, 09:00 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8 would get some more attention if there are no more pending versions to be released in the series.

Perhaps, but dropping development for the currently supported series isn't acceptable. There are outstanding bugs which have visible affects on boards and the community wants those fixed.
The big thing about 1.8 is the prototype to jQuery move right? Has that work begun yet?
No, but it is a bit off-topic because this thread is about 1.6.10...
Can't wait for new enhancements Big Grin
(2013-03-22, 08:08 AM)MJ456 Wrote: [ -> ]Now only one small bug left i.e http://dev.mybb.com/issues/2039

We're waiting on SQA currently. That's the main thing holding us back.
Pages: 1 2