MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: registration email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I'm new to MyBB and I've looked through the forums, but couldn't find my problem and the answer. So, forgive me if this has been asked before.

I have my new registrations set to admin approval. However, once a new member is approved, they receive no email telling them they can now login and that your account was approved. Is there any way to do this? Or do I need to send out individual emails each time I approve a member myself?

Thanks in advance!
have you checked to see if your board email settings are set to right ones
Well I tested a mass mail and it worked. Like I said, I'm new to MyBB, so I may be over looking something Shy
also check with your host see if

sendmail and PHP Mail() is enabled
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Try running the test script and post the results here.
Christian Wrote:[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Try running the test script and post the results here.

I did not even know there was a test script sorry Melissa
Thanks guys. You know what? I was using gmail and the emails weren't being sent. I tried my domain email address and it worked. It said the email was sent. So, maybe I just need to change my admin email address?
Possible your host does not allow remote email addresses, seen it before.
I ran the test script and it worked. However, when I tried to register as a new member with a different email address, I still received no email notification. I don't know if maybe I'm not approving the pending members correctly or what? Any other ideas?
Try changing your admin email address to something @<yourdomain>. See if that works.
Pages: 1 2 3