MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb vs SMF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-03-11, 10:20 PM)billybatz9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-10, 06:08 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]There already is such a thing - the MyBB integrator class - but you need to be ok working with php.

How much would you charge to integrate mybb and wordpress?
That would better be conversed in PMs.

(2013-03-11, 09:01 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Madam Lee

*siren*
You know after years of development.. it's amazing a public MyBB plugin or github repository doesn't exist to bridge MyBB with Wordpress.... I've made public requests for this but no one shows interest... and I've seen these jobs completed on elance but they don't release it publicly... very sad.
(2013-03-12, 05:25 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]You know after years of development.. it's amazing a public MyBB plugin or github repository doesn't exist to bridge MyBB with Wordpress.... I've made public requests for this but no one shows interest... and I've seen these jobs completed on elance but they don't release it publicly... very sad.

Feel free to create one. It's up to the community if there is such demand.
(2013-03-12, 05:37 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to create one. It's up to the community if there is such demand.

lol I've been trying to find a developer for this for months!
I'd gladly fund an open source free edition and release it on github.
Problem for me has been finding an efficient/knowledge-able php coder who wants to take the project on and get paid... it seems sometimes MyBB developers are allergic to money.. lol.
(2013-03-12, 05:42 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-12, 05:37 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to create one. It's up to the community if there is such demand.

lol I've been trying to find a developer for this for months!
I'd gladly fund an open source free edition and release it on github.
Problem for me has been finding an efficient/knowledge-able php coder who wants to take the project on and get paid... it seems sometimes MyBB developers are allergic to money.. lol.

What would the bridge entail exactly? Like obviously other than having users registered under the same name on both sites. I assume WP posts become threads in a particular forum, and maybe the thread posts would have like a snapshot of the post with a link to the WP thread?
(2013-03-12, 06:20 AM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]What would the bridge entail exactly? Like obviously other than having users registered under the same name on both sites. I assume WP posts become threads in a particular forum, and maybe the thread posts would have like a snapshot of the post with a link to the WP thread?

All that matters to me is not forcing a user to register twice. User credentials and usergroup equivalents (as defined by plugin settings) to transfer back and forth.
eg if a user registers they will have the same login credentials in wordpress and if that user is later upgraded to moderator then get upgraded to editor in wordpress (or whatever usergroups are defined in settings).

Redundancy as in repeating threads and posts between platforms imo is not good.. for me at least.
Pages: 1 2