MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Idea) User notes plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, something that mods and admins can use to store notes such as disciplinary issues inside a user's profile without the user or anybody else being able to see it. Can it be done?
The Forum Warning System provides some of this functionality, but I like the idea of a place to store notes without having to disciplining the user (such as storing alter-egos).
tristan/SMM Wrote:Basically, something that mods and admins can use to store notes such as disciplinary issues inside a user's profile without the user or anybody else being able to see it. Can it be done?

Think out of the box. Create a new textarea custom profile field that is non-viewable and non-editable by members. Only thing about that is that mods can't edit it, but admins get that functionality.
DennisTT Wrote:
tristan/SMM Wrote:Basically, something that mods and admins can use to store notes such as disciplinary issues inside a user's profile without the user or anybody else being able to see it. Can it be done?

Think out of the box. Create a new textarea custom profile field that is non-viewable and non-editable by members. Only thing about that is that mods can't edit it, but admins get that functionality.

I did actually think of that, but the problem you mentioned above convinced me that a plugin would be a better option. Smile