MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social groups and Drop down menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to see them in 1.8?
There is a drop down menu in 1.6. For example the edit post button.
(2013-03-11, 08:50 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]There is a drop down menu in 1.6. For example the edit post button.

It would be nice to add the same feature in the portal (front page) page as well... Isn't it?
Social Groups are an excellent feature found in vBulletin software, I chose to use MyBB for my own forum as it feels more user orientated than the other forum solutions out there. I have a license for vBulletin but don't use it as I prefer MyBB but in truth I seriously miss being able to set up Social Groups for members to have their own little 'patch' if you like.

I'd love to see Social Groups in MyBB, is there any scope for this in the future of MyBB at all?
They can be used in the portal by editing the portal template.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-82696.html
I don't think that they should include the social network buttons by default since I know a lot of forums where it would be very pointless, and sometimes even make a theme look somewhat bad if they use the same exact buttons (unless the theme creators take time to make custom buttons for each social network to match their theme's colors).

If anything it should still be as a plugin like it is now in 1.6.

I don't think that they should include the social network buttons by default since I know a lot of forums where it would be very pointless, and sometimes even make a theme look somewhat bad if they use the same exact buttons (unless the theme creators take time to make custom buttons for each social network to match their theme's colors).

If anything it should still be as a plugin like it is now in 1.6.
Oh yeah, forgot about the SN. Being kept as a plugin would be best IMO.
I posted this as a reply to another topic here but I misunderstood the original topic starter, they were referring to social group buttons whereas I was referring to the software of Social Groups.

Quote:Social Groups are an excellent feature found in vBulletin software, I chose to use MyBB for my own forum as it feels more user orientated than the other forum solutions out there. I have a license for vBulletin but don't use it as I prefer MyBB but in truth I seriously miss being able to set up Social Groups for members to have their own little 'patch' if you like.

I'd love to see Social Groups in MyBB, is there any scope for this in the future of MyBB at all?
Could we have an answer or a thought here about the Social Groups and the Drop Down Menu by a MyBB Developer here please?
1.8 is feature locked and we're not planning to add social groups.
Pages: 1 2