MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I just installed a mybb theme and am working HAMF to make it look like my wordpress theme lol... soo my question is, when there is a new release through mybb for the forum itself, will all my progress go down the drain? Or do the themes not matter?
If the release is within the series (MyBB 1.6), then themes do not matter for changes.

If the release is the next series (MyBB 1.8), then there are some serious changes needed.
You could open your mybb 1.6 series template sets and mybb 1.8 series template sets side by side and transfer your theme manually while accounting for the modern changes such as use of the jQuery and changed elements. It's a lot of work.. but not unrecoverable. Smile

btw, did you merge your MyBB and Wordpress Usertables?? if so how?
(2013-03-12, 05:53 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]You could open your mybb 1.6 series template sets and mybb 1.8 series template sets side by side and transfer your theme manually while accounting for the modern changes such as use of the jQuery and changed elements. It's a lot of work.. but not unrecoverable. Smile

btw, did you merge your MyBB and Wordpress Usertables?? if so how?

No I havent Toungue

I am still looking for a solution to bridge mybb + wordpress.
Mybb is the only free forum software that I like, and I am assuming the only way to do so is to create a them to look exactly like my wordpress one. I rather pay someone to do it, but everyone wants $200-$300...

If there isnt any type of bridge or solution soon, I think I am just going to use the money to buy xenforo or another paid forum that can integrate with wordpress..

I really neeed the sign ons to be merged together. Its dumb to have members sign up twice.