MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DiscussionZONE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
www.discussionzone.net

Still adding a few things and the forum isn't yet open 100%, but I need some reviews/feedback. We're also thinking about changing from green to blue or orange for theme, what is your opinion on that?

We were also thinking about removing forum games and milestones, but they are good for stats and getting users posting at the start but it'll also promote LQ posts. Opinion?

We decided to not add tabs and we're keeping as little forums as possible until we have more members.

Thanks, any reviews and constructive criticism is highly appreciated.
Positives:
1. Minimum Required Sections.

Negatives:
1. Need a better theme IMO. The templates look like default and I didn't like huge radius in thead.
2. Theme color choice is OK, but at the same time: Green-Black is too common. Also the appearance is not good for a common discussion board.
3. Sections are completely empty, so, that states the main thing - discussion is missing and your board is not 10% ready. Only you have built a house to stay.
4. Forum Icons appeared a little huge to me with lack of padding.
5. The topic of the forum is saturated. You need a hard work and patience to make it a success.

There is nothing much to say as your board is having nothing as of now.
Thanks for the review.

1 & 2 - You're the only one to dislike the theme so far. We are changing to probably a orange or dark blue instead of the current green. I wanted to have a light and sleek looking theme, but a few people I spoke to including my admins disagreed.

3 - The forums are expected to be empty - we aren't open yet and haven't shared the link to anyone nor have we posted anything yet.

4 - I agree, I am going to decrease them right after I make this post.

5 - We know, but we have money to spend and are willing to put in the hard yards. All of the administrators including myself (3 of us, won't get any staff for a very long time) have plenty of time to dedicate to the forum.

Thanks for the feedback, means a lot to see others opinions on here as I know most of you guys know what you're talking about!
(2013-03-12, 05:38 AM)Hayden- Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the review.

1 & 2 - You're the only one to dislike the theme so far. We are changing to probably a orange or dark blue instead of the current green. I wanted to have a light and sleek looking theme, but a few people I spoke to including my admins disagreed.

Add me to the list of people who dislike the theme.

Quote:3 - The forums are expected to be empty - we aren't open yet and haven't shared the link to anyone nor have we posted anything yet.

Then why promote a site with no content? Fill it with content before advertising it.

Quote:5 - We know, but we have money to spend and are willing to put in the hard yards. All of the administrators including myself (3 of us, won't get any staff for a very long time) have plenty of time to dedicate to the forum.

Money won't help you like you think it will, and neither will your number of Admins/Staff. The niche gives your forum a 99% chance of failure. I don't understand why people keep entering this niche and wasting their money. Why would people come here and not the other one billion bigger and better general discussion forums?
We're now officially open: www.discussionzone.net

Theme was changed to an orange and we're still tweaking things here and there, but feel free to sign up and leave some constructive criticism and feedback.
Good Number of sections and good number of content, don't really like the theme but that's my opinion. Good Luck
and why you disabled the new account registrations.
I demand my name to be added to the list of the ones disliking the theme.
And I'm betting 20 bucks, nobody in the next 2 months will be paying $10 for a "contributor" badge.
This is really in the wrong place in my opinion - it should be in web development and administration - where I shall move it to.