MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit home page - where is the file for the main page located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if it's been asked before, I tried to search but couldn't really find what I wanted.

I'm wondering about the main (index) page. Where is the file (html or php I guess) located? I understand much of the data comes from the SQL database, but if I for example want to add some text to the main page, how do I do that? There must be a file somewhere, right?

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for n00b question. Smile
The index.php as in the homepage of your forum? That is located in public_html.
This is easily done in admin cp template & theme settings..
Go to templates... select your current theme template.
you should see a ton of expandable template categories.
Expand index template category.
click index.
This is your main index template.
Simply (depending on your CSS) put your text in a paragraph html wrap or span or div eg:
example 1:
<p class="your style">your text</p>

example 2:
<span class="your style">your text</span>

example 3:
<div class="your style">your text</div>

change "your style" to whatever CSS classes you wish to use.

And you can place this anyway in your index template you wish which of course will render out to your actual index page after saving.

If this helped you please rep+ me
(2013-03-12, 11:07 AM)vEconomy Wrote: [ -> ]The index.php as in the homepage of your forum? That is located in public_html.

Yes, I guess it's the index.php page. The one that one sees as default when going to the forum. Where is this ”public_html” you talk about?

Thanks for helping!

(2013-03-12, 02:25 PM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]This is easily done in admin cp template & theme settings..
Go to templates... select your current theme template.
you should see a ton of expandable template categories.
Expand index template category.
click index.
This is your main index template.
Simply (depending on your CSS) put your text in a paragraph html wrap or span or div eg:
example 1:
<p class="your style">your text</p>

example 2:
<span class="your style">your text</span>

example 3:
<div class="your style">your text</div>

change "your style" to whatever CSS classes you wish to use.

And you can place this anyway in your index template you wish which of course will render out to your actual index page after saving.

If this helped you please rep+ me

Thanks! That worked fine. Got some text rendered out on the main page. But where on the server is the actual file I'm entering this code into (the index template)? Would like to edit it with a CSS editing application that I have. Anyway, will try to fiddle with it and se if I can understand how it all works. Smile

One thing was wondering is about this navigation text that gets rendered above the forums out on the main page (where in the forum structure is). Where is this text line stored and is there a way to change that? At least I'd like to write some text before it, but I can't seem to get ”above” it when I paste the text in the index template.